Wednesday 7 August 2013

No Pasaran!

I can't believe it hasn't occured to me to write about this on here before now! A couple of months ago, a group of friends auditioned and were cast in an upcoming new musical called No Pasaran! an original musical by Roy Gaynor based on the Spanish Civil War. Intrigued, I asked for more details and, long story short I have been taken on in the production team as the filming co-ordinator and set assistant. This is a very exciting opportunity as this is a new musical and will be premiering this October at the De La Salle Theatre. For more information on the show in general here is the link to the website - http://www.no-pasaran-musical.com/
 
It is a part time, unpaid possition but so far has brought with it a host of challenges that I have never encountered before in a role that I have not been in before! As I have been working on other productions since I took on this role, I have had little to do with the production so far beyond going to a couple of meetings in London, this is a very loose position in terms of time and I am finding that it is very easy to fit in around other work. I have been given permission by the organiser to put the poster here -




With the unique nature of the production there have been a number of interesting jobs to do and at the moment, having co-produced 'Romeo and Juliet' which included organising the venues, I have been put in charge of organising the filming day! Due to the organisers wanting there to be surprises on the opening, I will leave it at that for now, but I will pass on some advice to anyone seeking to film in an unusual location! I mainly pass this on as this is something that before now I have never done before and I was lucky enough to have friends who have been through this to give me this advice.
 
First - find out all the information you will need! Dates, crew and on site, equiptment required, times, budget and any special requirements.
 
Second - find out who exactly you need to talk to! The location of your shoot - if you have found the one you want - is very important especially if it is near a county council line so make sure you get the right council as that can be a real time waster.
 
If you are facing this, lastly I wish you good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment