Saturday 3 September 2016

The Bodysuit Commission!

There has been a gap on here but for the best of reasons - things have been busy! I was commissioned by a hoop performer in London to design and make a custom bodysuit in fuchsia. The performer decided on stretch velvet for her fabric, and wanted a good but tasteful amount of sparkle. Due to the distance most of the discussion and selection was accomplished via the internet. After sending her a selection of designs, she selected a halterneck with a modest plunge at front and back, and full length legs with stirrups for the feet and a starburst pattern of clear rhinestones. After sending me her measurements, I drew up a basic block and made a basic bodysuit ready for fitting - I have discovered I love working with stretch fabrics!

After travelling to London to meet with her for fittings, I put in the alterations and then rhinestoned. While in London she asked me if I could also rhinestone, in the same pattern, a bodysuit that she already had for performances. After finishing both I was able to post them at the beginning of the week! I am delighted to have been given permission to blog about this as it was my second bodysuit.
I have the photos that I have taken, but as is the case with most bodysuits they don't translate that well off the body, and I only have photos of it on hangers and folded but not at its best, and due to the time sensitive nature of the commission these photographs were taken before I had finished the interior seams so they do not look as neat in the photos as they are now.


The black bodysuit, again because of the time sensitive nature of the commission, I did not manage to get and photos of the fully finished bodysuit before I posted it but I will post the ones I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment