Wednesday 5 June 2019

The Hills were Alive with the Sound of Music!

You may remember from January that Bournemouth Musical Theatre Productions newest offering to the stage has been 'The Sound of Music'. Now with seven shows done - including two sing alongs - The Sound of Music has been put to bed and it is time for me to finally write about it!

As with the last few shows the majority of the costumes have been hired with some alterations to be done and standard repairs during the run, however I did get to make the postulant costumes for Maria and the three other postulants, and also the 'curtain' costumes, the childrens play clothes, were given over to me to design and make. This has been a wonderful opportunity to again design a set of costumes for a large and well known productions, and unashamedly one of my favourite musicals from my childhood.

While I am still waiting for production photos here are some of the making photos! As in the script this is when Maria is trying to break the children free of their identically ordered and regimented existance, I made each of the childrens costumes slightly different in either colour bands or design. 

 Marta costume, completed                      Girls play clothes in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment