Tuesday 10 June 2014

Model/Props - Casting and Costume props!

After discussing turning my master into a prosthetic like mask and casting in silicone, I started working in this session to extend the face down the 'neck' and to continue with the objective of finishing the surface detailing!
 
                                          At end of previous session                     Starting to add more surface detail

Extending to go down the 'neck'
 




I added more acorns as well as the additional different types of leaves for more variety. In order to get the details on the leaves correct I used research images to check the patterning.
 
Adding more detail to the surface using a silicone modeling tool. I find this gives a smoother line.





 
All but two of the leaves now have their surface details, and next session I will be covering the master in silicone and forming the mould, which I hope to cast in both silicone and fibre glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment