Tuesday 17 June 2014

Model/Props - Mouldmaking!

After an incredibly busy couple of weeks I'm back to write up the last two of my sessions!
 
Today was my last day to get my master finished, and to start making the mould in preparation for the first cast!

 
 After finishing the detailing on the leaves, I decided to add leaf 'veins' into the face to make it more of an integration between the human and plant aspects. And so here we come to the finished head!


I have to say the acorns are some of my favourite parts.

 
 After finally finishing the master, I built a 'wall' of clay around it leaving a rough 2 inch gap, then covered it in silicone with a catalyst.

 
After covering the master, while waiting for it to set I decided to do a little more work on my gun but unfortunately ran out of time on that before I could do much and needed to go back to mouldmaking but here it is!

 
I've gotten some of the marks put in place on both sides, and I hope to mark into it with a soldering iron.  BUT then back on to the mould making, as the solicone was dry I had enough time to cover the mould in a layer of thick plaster before the end of the session - next session will be time to take the master out the mould and see how its come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment