Saturday 12 October 2019

The Jester

In a first for me, I was commissioned to design and make a childrens dance competition costume! She is going to be performing as a Jester for the Jamie-Lee Dance Academy. After submitting the designs and getting approval, I started on the costume. This was not only my first time stitching lycra together in this way, but also has a hat that required stiffening and a prop that needed covering.  Initially the costume didn't have the yellow belt, however due to a growth spurt during the making process extra height was needed for the costume - and I do like it better.

The hat I decided to stiffen the same way I did the Tripitaka hat for Red Dragonfly Productions and used binca, making a short binca headband then stitching on the binca points, before effectively making a pillowcase effect using the lycra with the additional unfilled length of lycra at the back allowing the stretch to get it on over her head and stay on.



No comments:

Post a Comment