Thursday 30 August 2012

Conquering Ebay

A-Roving has now been put in the programme for the Bournemouth Arts By The Sea Festival and it is all official. We have general performance times, a ruthlessly organised costume bible, and a good friend and peer of mine Tanya Pye as hair and make-up and also dresser as required.
 
So far I have been sourcing from a mix of the actors wardrobes, online shopping and charity shops - but thanks to browsing I am now using ebay. Sadly I have until now avoided ebay, but after I used it to source a pair of plimsoles for one of our actors with size 13 feet I have been surfing the search engine and finding it incredibly useful.
 
I have had a good bit of luck the last few days hunting the charity shops - I have had to hold off on buying the jackets due to the change of season and jackets being more expensive but courtesy of ebay and some luck in boscombe I now only have 2 coats left to buy!
 
All that is left now of the costumes are:
Shoe's for Richard,
Hannah's Hat
Alana's Jacket
Making Nick's Belt
SCARVES
 
 
The scarves are going to be a mix of sourced from borrowing (from home, the actors, crew, friends etc) bought and where necessary made. I am currently stockpiling scarves and accessories. After the costumes are completely sourced, it will be time to move on to the luggage component and props.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment