Tuesday 23 July 2013

Mad Hatter - the coat continues!

Yesterday's task was painting and fittings. The main issue with the coat is that, in order to do the tails, the coat needs to be at least partially fitted, and the coat will not be able to get to the actor until friday. Not enough time for it to be turned into tails, painted and decorated. So, with this in mind I managed to find a volunteer that is nearly the same size and proportion and loosely fitted the coat on him. The front fitting I will tack into place as that it what keeps the form of the tails, the main issue is the back fitting. I have managed to do it so that it can be altered without affecting the shape of the tails so it will not badly affect the coat if it needs letting out.
Today's task - with no paint I am not able to carry on with the swirls until I can get more paint tomorrow, so in the mean time I am going to pin and sew the hem of the tails to fix it, and heat fixing the patterns already done into place. After I have finished and heat fixed the last of the patterning into place I will be able to begin adding the button decoration!

Before Fitting


After Fitting

The model is slightly taller and larger then our Mad Hatter Sam and so will be easily able to fit him. It is only pinned in place to allow for alterations if necessary, but this allowed me to do the tails. I have cut one, and when the paint is dry, I am going to fold the coat in half in order to have the tails even.

No comments:

Post a Comment