Friday 1 March 2013

Fittings Ahoy

After a morning spent working on re-doing my designs - a long process in order to document the changes and to get them ready for exhibition - it was time for the fittings for Walter and Helena's suits, and to get Alex into his bodysuit for his fitting.

Walters suit fit well apart from the trousers, which were too large, but other then that I like the look of the suit on it suits the character and the actor and when worn properly reads well as seventies (for Greece).

Helena's suit I was less happy with, not liking the cut and fit of the jacket as I felt it sat wrong on the upper torso, however we are going to get a larger jacket and see if that remedies the problem. I did like the look of the sky blue shirt Grace had found to go with the grey suit as I felt it gave it that bit of colour.

Alex was a worry when it came to putting him in his bodysuit as he is a very tall man - however the bodysuit fit almost perfectly thanks to the skill of our bodysuit maker Lucy Anderson. There were only a very few alterations to be made, predominantly the sleeve and leg length and around the knee where the usual bagginess tends to occur, however all of this was very minor and was able to be pinned quickly. When origionally dyed, the lycra had gone almost patchy, not hugely but with a subtle variation in tone, and with a slight green tint that meant we were going to redye - however, when the body suit was on this altered and looked like the pattern on a forest floor when the sun shines through the leaves. I know that sounds like a very dramatic and poetic discription but I dont know how else to describe it, and I have decided not to re-dye as it is set to work incredibly well with the textural sections to be stitched onto the suit and will mean less painting into the suit is required to create the graduated effect that I want.

Now that we have our fabric and bodysuits well underway, we were able to split our fabrics into groups for how much of which fabrics I wanted on each character, splitting between;
- Titania
- Oberon
- Robin Goodfellow
- Fairy Dancers
- Mechanicals-as-fairies

 

No comments:

Post a Comment