Monday 3 June 2013

First rehearsal on Location!

Yesterday : Co-producer/wardrobe mistress Tanya Pye, five of our cast and myself headed down to rehearse at our Swanage venue, the Swanage Amphitheatre.

An open air venue, this meant we were able to begin working on the larger scenes that require more space such as choreographing the fight scene between Tybalt (John Celea) and Mercutio (John Emmanuel) for Act 3 Scene 1, and for Tanya, who has been studying Tudor dancing, to teach the choreography of the first of the dances for the ball scene.

It also gave the actors the opportunity to get a feel for the space, and for us to begin running scenes with the entrances and exits. Despite the sunburn, it was a very succesful 4 hour rehearsal and allowed us to get the first of our rehearsal photographs!











Today
 
After a meeting for the upcoming production of Roald Dahls 'The Witches', for which I am assisting with the Set Construction, the designer Eleanore Bull kindly let me address her group of volunteers in a call for assistance for putting together our costumes. After discussing it with wardrobe mistress and head maker, Tanya Pye, we have decided to use bought patterns and alter them for the majority of the made costumes, with the servants dresses being draped on the stand.
 
We still plan to hire all of the breeches - 9 in total - and all 14 pairs of shoes.
 

I spent the afternoon finding patterns online for the jackets, and also working on the set design and now I have a working floor plan for the Lighthouse Studio Theatre! I shall scan this in when I am next at a scanner, but with this production, and my work as set assistant on the October production of No Pasaran! my technical drawing has improved dramatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment