Tuesday 12 June 2012

Breathe! & dance leaders continued

This week, I am one of a small number of volunteers to be finishing off the Breathers costumes for the Battle for the Winds performance for the opening of the Olympic venue in Weymouth. This is the biggest Olympic event outside of London! I have also found out that I will be one of the dressers for the performance! Yesterday I was started on sewing on decoration in the form of barnacles that we made in the Breathe sessions, buttons and liquid latex seaweed. I also stitched elastic into the bottom of trouser legs to bring them in, and finished off a 'belt' skirt for one of the Collector costumes by sewing on pockets and fake pockets both by hand and with a sewing machine, and adding our wool barnackles and buttons. I am back to it again and every day this week, so this promises to be a very busy week!

Also, in some incredible news I have gotten a place as costume supervisor for an act for the Bournemouth Arts Festival by the Sea, taking place right here in Bournemouth in September! As a local, I love getting involved in local projects and this is a form of performance that sounds very unique. Our first meeting to discuss costumes has been set for next Monday, and I can't wait to get started.

Dance Leaders
On the Dance Leader costumes, I am finishing the heat forming of my prototype tonight in preparation for attaching the elastic. I will be making my prototype to my own head measurement anyway to test the stability of the headresses before heat forming the others, as they may need to be shortened depending on how they stand up in the wind. I am going to try and find out the head measurements of my dance leaders but if I am unable to I will use my own head measurement and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment