Tuesday 12 June 2012

Breathe

Today I was once again helping with Breathe - my tasks were sewing elastic into trousers hems to bring in the trouser legs. My second task was sewing onto the rebel costume of one of our wheelchair bound performers a band of elastic around the inside of a set of fabric strips sewn in at the trouser waistband and then hanging loose. The band connects all the strips of fabric at the knee of the performer but is not attached to the base trousers, only to the hanging strips in order to line up the strips. That may sound a long and confusing explanation, but I will be including a photograph tomorrow!

An amazing piece of news - as of today I am one of a team of 4 dressers on the day who are dressing the Brazilian performers for Breathe! The leader of our team is to be Jessica Howard, who I have been working with on Breathe for the last few days and who has also been making a costume for the Moving Tides Carnival. This will be an interesting and challenging assignment are there are over 20 of them and none of them speak English. However we will have interpreteurs and I'm sure working together we will all get through!

No comments:

Post a Comment