Friday 1 June 2012

First of the Two Hand-Ins - Reflection

Today, as the title of this posts indicates, was the first of my two hand-ins. Despite the fact that my work was completed and the majority has been either posted on here or is practical in the schools I wanted to make sure my work was well presented and represented in a sketchbook format as I prefer to have a hard copy of my work rather then relying too much on the digital.

Going through all of my work to get it presented properly it struck me just how much work there was. It was strange to realise, it seems like barely any time has passed since we began the project. I believe this is because I was able to maintain momentum throughout the project.

This project has taught me across a range of area's, from concept design to working with children. As with all the projects I have completed to date, I have come out with a better understanding of costume design as a discipline. The materials experimentation in my prototyping and experimentation has been invaluable as a design tool, as I will be able to carry new knowledge on textures and materials manipulation in my future designs. The budgeting, work plan and lesson planning was especially informative as an insight into what is required from producing, and helped me get a grasp of my time management.

Working with the schools was wonderful, it was such a rewarding experience to be able to see the children making their own costumes and putting their own individual idea's into their work. I think that I would like to work with children again at some point, despite the frenetic pace required for this unit.

Now there are only the Dance Leader Costumes left to do, the pre-procession meeting and procession day, and then it will be over.

However, that is not all their is to the summer, as with the end of term comes a new host of activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment