Friday 15 June 2012

Breathe Week!

Today marked the end of my Breathe week. Over the course of this week I have applied surface decoration, done repair work, constructed parts of costumes, over locked skirts, sewn in labels and attached fastenings (photographs to be added). My hand sewing has improved in leaps and bounds this last week. Today I was honoured to be asked if I could come in again next week to assist with more of the making and finishing of the costumes. This has been a very busy week in preparing for the performance, but all of the costumes are coming together beautifully and the work is nearly finished!
It has been a busy job, and a great learning experience - having been part of the Breathe through the design process, and on through helping with the Breathe together club, I have gotten to see just how much work goes into putting on a production of this magnitude and I feel truly priveledged to have been a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment