Thursday 20 December 2012

Mad Hatters Initial designs - DONE!

I now have completed my initial designs for all the characters, and I believe almost finalised my design for the White Queen costume. For myself to class it as a final design it must be approved by the organiser but I believe she will like it. I have stayed with the themes running throughout - modern meets Victorian and a multitude of button's. I have used a combination of the research that I gathered for my recent summer project for AUCB - a 100 year time line of 1900 to 1999 - and used this to create a Victorian-Esq silhouette and a blending of modern and victorian style decoration in the form of fabric flowers as last year made of organza and lace, but with modern fabrics and small pearlescent and crystal buttons decorating the flowers and scattered to decorate. I want to use a white satiny fabric for the majority with white or silver organza for the sleeves.
 
The only costume I am currently considering doing a total redesign on is the March Hare. I have designed it with a variety of textures - there has been one element to the costumes that has been dictated by the organisers and that is that all the animal characters are to be in fake fur body-suits. This is, considering last years heatwave and resulting heatstroke in the actors, something I would usually avoid but it is something that the organisers are adamant about - therefore I am going to try and find a way to make them much cooler and more ventilated to provide for the comfort of the performers.
 
In working with the bodysuits as a base I have been able to design I have designed a knitted waistcoat of a different pattern for each half, adding to the oddness of his character - however I am not entirely satisfied with it and believe it needs further development.

No comments:

Post a Comment