Thursday 27 December 2012

Seven Deadly Sins - Modelling

I have been asked to model a costume designed and made by fellow AUCB costume third year Tanya Pye. This has been an ongoing personal project for Tanya for the last few months, and the photoshoot is now tomorrow, 60 miles away in Havant, near Portsmouth. This is very exciting, as I will be participating in a photoshoot with 7 others, modeling a costume in a proffessional photoshoot. This will be interesting experience as while I have had experience in acting so I understand some of the pressures and problems for them, which has helped me be a better costumer and backstage worker, but never had experience modelling so I hope that this experience will help me gain better allround experience to draw from.
 
The costume I shall be modelling is based on the concept of Gluttony, and while I sent my measurements to Tanya several months ago I have not had an actual fitting - but considering my measurements have changed very little (if at all) I doubt that this will be a problem, especially as considering the main component of this costume is a corset!

The corset itself, unlike the 1890's Parisian corset that I have the most experience with, I will be modelling a boudoire corset. This is definitely going to be a new experience in more ways then one - please stay tuned for more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment