Wednesday 4 July 2012

Bournemouth Arts By the Sea Festival

Amazing News : I have been taken on for what started as Costume Supervising for a performance for the Arts By the Sea Festival, to take place on the 29th of September in Bournemouth Gardens, with two extra performances on the 12th and 13th of October as part of the Paper Cinema event. I started out coming on board as Costume Supervisor but have now become costume designer as well! It is mainly working on sourcing rather then making costumes, the budget isn't large but it is the largest I have worked to on a live project.

It is working to the theme of Sea Shanties. Without giving too much away of the performance, we have groups of travellers (this years festival theme is 'Journey') who have all come from different places. As they travel, they slowly begin to come together and a performance is formed!

I have been designing for this for the last 2 weeks, so I have all but one of the costume designs finished and approved with the exception of one performer who only joined on Monday and was confirmed officially today.

I am now in my third week of the project, and I am starting to source parts of the costumes this week! I will keep you updated as we go!

(Designs to be added shortly, as soon as I can get to a scanner!)

No comments:

Post a Comment