Wednesday 4 July 2012

Burning Kingdom

On to Burning Kingdom! Burning Kingdom is a BU film student's vision, a fantasy kindom in the grips of a technological revolution. I have been asked by Natalie Oakley, the costume designer and wardrobe mistress, to come on board as props designer and maker.

From me this requires 3 main props that feature prominently in the filming. A map, 4 crystals with casings to make them stand upright, and - the big one - a coffee grinder that I need to make look like a technological/magical device of torture and death for an execution scene.

I had my first meeting with the Director yesterday, and everything is on track for filming to start - on the 7th. I am currently waiting on the crystals and coffee grinder to start work on those but I have already started mock ups of the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment