Monday 19 November 2012

43 Designs in 3 Days?!

No, this was not possible. As it turns out, this was also not necessary! Due to a misscommunication, I believed that for today I needed to formally present my designs. On collating my timeline and cast list I realised that personally I am designing 43 costumes! Believing that I had to have all my finished designs done for Monday, I began the mamoth task of creating and polishing my designs to a standard that I could be proud of.
 
By early yesterday night I had just over 20 and was still going strong when the information filtered through the costume grape vine to me - wires had been crossed. I did not have to have all my designs done for today. The presentations were, in fact, to practice our presentation technique for our assessed presentation at hand in - two weeks away.
 
But, as a result of this I now have just over 20 designs, some that still need some minor tweaking but all that are up to a standard that I would be proud to submit. This has also taught me that if I am willing to go without sleep, I can accomplish an extraordinary amount in a short amount of time.
 
A good thing to learn today, from our visiting lecturer Gareth, was that my presentation technique has dramatically improved since the beginning of this term. I am putting this improvement squarely on the amount of meetings and mini-presentations I have had to do - very often on the spot - to Gareth, Oliver, Kenneth and even our head of course Rebecca Pride, often with little or no warning as they are walking through the studio's.
 
This has also taught me that no matter how far you think you are through, there is always more to do so - onwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment