Thursday 22 November 2012

Designs - The first selection of Finals!

Due to an error in communication, I believed that I needed to have a selection of my final designs completed for the begining of this week. On discovering that this was not in fact the case I have been left with a handful of designs that are actually ready for submission. Details may change, but here is a taster of some of the designs as they stand.
Theseus and Hippolyta Act 1 Scene 1 - the Tango!

Hermia and Helena, Act 3 scene 2 as they are fighting in the forest
Titania, Queen of the fairies - not decided if this is her final design but it shall change very little if it changes at all

 




And lastly, we have the Mechanicals as fairies - there are two layers to these costumes, the under layer, predominently blue, was designed by Oliver Barker, who is designing for the Mechanicals - all except for when they are fairies. After discussing these characters with Kenneth, our director, as they are double cast for the purpose of in the text when they are 'recognised' by Bottom. Therefore we have shown this by having there base costumes visible, but altered. I have hiked up all there trouser legs and rolled up their sleeves, given them 'henna' tatoo's to fit with the other fairies and overlayered them with 'fairy' garments being highly textured, and patterned with leaves printed on and worked into the fabric to mimic the other fairies costumes.

The rest of the designs are still being fully finished and rendered, but this is a taster for you of what is to come!
 
Overall I am proud of the designs that I have created in collabouration with Oliver and Kenneth/ It has definitely been a learning curve with so many factions having input on the costumes and finding my own voice to fit with that but thankfully due to my previous work I believe I have managed to present myself well and come through this collabouration - so far at least - with a set of designs that meets everyone as much as they can without losing the voice of the character and Kenneths vision of the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment