Thursday 17 January 2013

Dye Room Day 1

Myself, Helena (maker for Titania), and costume supervisors Sarah and Grace headed to the dye room today to begin the experimentation for the fairy costumes. I hope to be very involved in this process and collabourate closely with my makers due to the very specific effect I want for the costumes.
 
These are six body suits and a modified pair of Lycra shorts.
 
Courtesy of my fabric sourcing for my designs I had more then enough samples of the fabrics I want used. Thanks to this we managed to get a good amount of experimentation done and got to have a much more in depth discussion with Helena about what effect I want for the fairies. I now feel that she has a very clear understanding of what I want the costumes to look like and the feel of the costumes, and on the whole the four of us got on very well working together.
Using a mixture of materials and effects - heat gunning, soldering, shoe polish and shibori - we created a variety of effects that created interesting visual patterns.


For the next time in the dye room, Helena and myself discussed bringing in organza, vanishing muslin and silk paints to work on creating the 'growing' effect that I want for the body suits.
 
 
Actions from this meeting;
 
 - Discuss fabrics from fabric file created during the design process with the supervisors
 - Co-ordinate with the supervisors and makers when we can go in the dye room again
 - Due to Danielle's absence, catch her up on what she missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment