Monday 7 January 2013

PRODUCTION JOURNAL!

Today is the first day of term, the first official day of EMP and the first day of my production journal! This is the longest project of the course, 17 weeks from today to hand in. One of the comments I recieved when presenting my designs last term was the absence of seam lines and some of the fastenings drawn in, which since having them returned to me yesterday I have made an effort to remedy on my designs for the benefit of my makers.

First Meeting with the Makers
Myself and Oliver met today with our three main makers, two assistant makers, and two supervisors to talk them through our designs and concepts. The reception of the designs was good, and all of them are excited about getting started, already with preferences on what they would like to make. Our next production meeting is on Wednesday to discuss it further. Our supervisors now have a copy of all of the costume designs and are keen to get on.
 
Meeting with our project head, our tutor Rebecca, we have been instructed to go full ahead into the project. With that in mind I have gone through the costumes that I have designed by garment to sort which are makes, buys or sources. 
 
From this there are;
14 full costume Makes (including 1 fat suit)
28 Buys (by garment including multiples)
29 Sources (by garment, including multiples)
 
Oliver and myself also met with our director, Ken, who is also excited to get started so all in all there is allround optimism going in to the production countdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment