Saturday 7 February 2015

Remix Gold - Arrivals time!

After ordering the vast majority of the costumes online the day before yesterday, today the first of the costumes arrived in the post! Six packages in the post and an extra one waiting in the post office, and I am currently only waiting on the trousers and the blue blouse for Jessica in terms of online orders - considering I only ordered everything the day before yesterday I am very impressed! The first costume fitting is scheduled for early next week, and in the mean time, while sourcing for 'Sleep' today I stopped by a fabric shop and picked up the purple poly cotton, zip and thread to make the final skirt. This will be made from the same pattern as the orange skirt from the previous performances, so that they will match.
The pink shirt arrived today and while it is paler then I would have preferred, with the fast turn around I needed the shirt to be a stretch fabric in a strong pink. Having the shirt be of a stretchy fabric is, in this instance, more important then having the stronger colour which I cannot currently find in budget. For the blue shirt, finding a blue shirt in a stretch fabric in budget has also been an issue, so I have decided on a larger size of shirt, that I will tailor to fit the performer but because of the larger size, will have a large enough opening into the sleeve that it should not impede movement in any way.
An issue that I have noticed - finding purple HOT FIX rhinestones is a real problem at the moment! Finding any other colour, cheap and in bulk, is a relatively easy thing, amazon stocks pretty much every other colour from a variety of different sellers but purple? Nope. I have found a couple of good websites for them, but they are nowhere near as cheap as the other colours from the amazon sellers and you can't seem to get them in BULK anywhere! If you're looking for non-hot fix purple, you can find those cheap in bulk fairly easily, but hot fix is the real problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment