Thursday 5 February 2015

REMIX RETURNS!

It is wonderful to get an email from people you've worked with in the past asking you if you're free for some more work! As of this week I am now back working with Remix Gold, the acrobatic disabled/abled company with the show 'Touched' that I designed and made costumes for last summer. This year they have added five new members to the company and are performing 'Touched' again locally, incorporating the new members into the performance. So I am designing, making and sourcing five new costumes to fit in with the rest from the previous show, and all in - eep - just over two weeks!
Here are a couple of photos from the last show!

It has already been very fast, within 48 hours of being offered the job, I was measuring the new cast members at a local rehearsal, and less then 24 hours after that I had the new designs finished and approved and had started sourcing! That was the day before yesterday, and now its on to sourcing again in earnest!
Here are the five new designs - as there is such a fast turn around on this show it was a case of getting idea's across quickly and so I have for now left the hair and makeup design for later in favour of getting the costume designs approved and the sourcing started as soon as possible. They were done very quickly as the situation necessitated so the image quality is not as good as I would have liked. So with that in mind;



The designs were approved yesterday and today I have spent the day sourcing costumes and decorations and am delighted that all the costume pieces are now ordered - with the exception of the shoes and gloves that I will need to source locally to make sure that they fit exactly, and Becca's purple skirt that I will need to make!
With everything set to arrive any time between tomorrow and the end of next week, its a tight turn around but should give me enough time to get all of the embellishment done!

No comments:

Post a Comment