Tuesday 17 February 2015

REMIX GOLD UPDATE!

With two days before the show its all steam ahead, and now I'm ahead of the schedule ever so slightly I've decided to take 10 minutes out to update you all on how the costumes are going for Remix Gold! It has been a busy and incredibly productive few days steaming ahead with rhinestoning and alterations! With two days left to go, and this morning spent finishing rhinestoning the last of the shirts, this afternoon is for making the purple skirt.
And then after that more rhinestoning...
With limited time to write this, I've decided that adding photos taken over the course of the last few days is probably the most effective way to show what I've been up to!
Emily and Jessica's Skirts
Rhinestoning and alterations




Becca's Shirt
Rhinestoning

There was an issue with the rhinestones for this shirt as in terms of getting purple rhinestones, to get a vibrant, clear purple is incredibly difficult. I'm sure in the future I'll be able to find some but after finding three different sets online that all looked purple, all called themselves purple, and all, when they arrived, were let just say NOT purple, I have decided to improvise. Making an almost mosaic like pattern of the three 'purple' rhinestones has formed a beautiful and interesting effect on the shirt collar. It is a small area so it will not be glaringly out of place amongst the other costumes, while still be visually interesting and pleasing.


Ben and Kierans Shirts
While this may seem like the quickest and easiest of rhinestone tasks, these rhinestones are the smallest I have used and so a lot more of them were required. The reason I went for the smaller rhinestones was, I knew that in terms of ordering in bulk if I had gone for the larger rhinestones I still would have ordered the same amount, being that there is a company online that you can order 1440 rhinestones of a single colour and they are of excellent quality. They were not as expensive as the larger ones as, even 1mm smaller, the glue became workable a lot faster then the larger rhinestones, and because of the lengths that I needed to cover even a second per rhinestone makes a very big difference!



The to do list is now shrinking rapidly and its wonderful to see the wardrobe of finished costumes expanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment