Thursday 22 March 2012

Between Tutorials - the task is set!

Currently between tutorials but I have now recieved my feed back from the Movin Tides Steering group on which aspects of my costumes they want me to continue with and the method's they advise, and the judgement is thus;

1 - THE GIANT SLUG  - this will be made slightly differently from my origional idea but in a way that is simpler and works better for the performers. Sketch to follow as this has lead to some interesting develompents as it is now worn by 7 students rather then carried!

2 - MASKS - I will still be making the masks I had designed for the students not carrying the slug, with some design development to follow.

3 - CAPES - also for the students not wearing the Giant Slug we will be doing the capes!

4 - DANCE LEADER SLUG HEAD - the dance leader headress will still be made and used.

5 - for me to make only, the T-shirts will still be used and dyed by me but not decorated.


This leaves me with:

7 students carrying the slug - 7 black masks plain?
                                             - 7 black swim caps/ head coverings

23 students not carrying the slug -  23 Capes
                                                      - 23 Masks

30 T-shirts to dye pink

3 Dance Leader masks

                                              
33 costumes overall



This has lead me to working on my materials list and the begining of my budgeting! We are also tasked with submitting our travel cost budget today based upon the projected costs (thanks to the online rail service fare calculator and the same for the busses!)

Also - exciting stuff, we are meeting with our make-up students today (in about 5 minutes) who will be working with us and designing make-up to go with our costumes for our students and dance leaders!

No comments:

Post a Comment