Wednesday 28 March 2012

MY NEW FAVOURITE PLACE!

Today marks a momentous occassion - my first visit to the Dorset Scrap Store in Poole! I dont know what exactly I was expecting but it is a treasure trove, an Aladins cave of weird and interesting finds! This has definitely become my new favourite place of interest. I ended up spending a little over an hour just hunting around  and came away with a membership, and a bin liner full of interesting materials to try out for my prototype (...and also fabric for a dress and materials to try making a kite with for the summer when I have a free moment, neither of which I had thought of before entering the store so an impressive feat!...)

I also have a couple of new idea's for things to use as my slug trail to prototype - courtesy of the scrap store - that could free up some of my budget! I also picked up an interesting find in pink camouflage netting which I want to try putting round the edges of the giant slug prototype to see if I can give it a more interesting edging. It will be interesting to experiment with!

1 comment: