Friday 16 March 2012

Designing - directions


My initial design ideas for this project were based on a fish I found in the Bournemouth Oceanarium - the Lion Fish!

I had doodled it in my notebook at the Kinetika weekend and the teachers liked the design so I did some more doodles of it - and then I found out that our colour was pink and that we had a very boy heavy year - and while my teachers did like the effect of the wings, as do I, I decided I may have to re-think my approach.


In the meeting there was also some mention of sea monster type costumes, which got me thinking about deep sea creatures. So while developing my lion fish design as an option I started researching and I discovered Nudibranches - otherwise known as Deep Sea Slugs! Sound pretty strange looking? They are, but surprisingly beautiful and they fit well with the brief. So as a second design pathway I have started designing Sea Slug costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment