Wednesday 31 October 2012

A bit off topic but nonetheless useful!

Canterbury Tales is the next AUCB production, another colaboration between the BA Hons Acting course and our BA Hons Costume and Performance Design course, with the first performance next week! With the makers hard at work there is still a lot left to do, and as one of the non-imediate productions I rendered my services today to help out with the puppets.
 
As I only had a couple of hours I was set to work on the Satan puppet - maker Colleen Sherridan - who had pinned on the facial features, and I was asked to slip stitch on the horns and then applique stitch on the features. Designer Lauren Holman and Supervisor Katie Price were very happy with my sewing skills, and I managed to get the horns stitched on, the eyebrow and the nose 'slit' pieces. (photo's to come!)
This was a very theraputic break for me and allowed me time to think about my designs and my tutorial wth Pamela Howard.
 
Also, as I have helped out on this, I have been promised help from the Canterbury team for A Midsummer Nights Dream when the time comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment