Friday 19 October 2012

Breaking Down the Script - Character analysis

As of Monday I am deeply entrenched in character analysis! Thankfully knowing the script well by now I know relatively where to look but it is still a long and complicated process BUT at the end of it I am emerging with a much better idea of the character, past history and personality of the character as portrayed in the text which is giving me a much better idea of what the character would choose to wear. It is also giving me a better idea of how many costume changes are needed and where!
 
At the moment I am working from a combination of that and the idea's that were drawn up in the meetings that we have had. I will upload some of the initial sketches as soon as I have anything worth showing - it is all at the very preliminary stages yet! 
 
Seven weeks to go until all the costume designs, and the set design, are to be completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment