Thursday 25 October 2012

Moving forward

Today I finally finished my character analysis! I have started designing the Athenians, I am making good headway but for the fairies I wanted to do some designing on the stand. I have only tried designing on the stand once, for the Breathe project, and it worked very well for me, I found it really helped my creative process and helped me come up with idea's that I dont think I would have otherwise.
I started out playing with paper and building on the figure. With the fabric that I had spare in colours that fit with the colour scheme, I began adding fabric and here's what I came up with!
 
 
 





 After playing around with shapes I came up with this front paper shape that I think really works for Titania's costume, so at the moment I am building on and around that. I enjoy the organic shape, almost like flower petals, while at the same time it is a nod at the ruff's of the shakespearean age.

No comments:

Post a Comment