Saturday 27 October 2012

Fabrics - Inspirational Quest

In search of a little more inspiration and to see if anything would jump out at me, myself and merry band headed to Hansons Fabrics in Sturminster Newton. I can say in all honesty that this place is incredible, quite literally a warehouse in the countryside chock full of fabrics, trimmings, fastenings, patterns...the list goes on, it is definitely worth a look!

 
In short order I covered a counter with fabrics with interesting patterns and colours, ones that I want to play around with for inspiration, buttons with fascinating patterns, colours and shapes. I find that, as with the designing on the stand, having something to physically work with really helps my creative process and allows me to find shapes and patterns that it is very likely I would have missed.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment