Friday 4 May 2012

Dye Room - problem solved

Today- thanks to the help of one of our tutors - I have been able to redye all the capes with Kemtex Procion dye and soda ash and they have come out beautifully. While slightly different shades and depth of colour they are all pink and all vibrant. I am pleased with the tonal variations as I feel that together they look very effective!

Once again this has taken me all day, but luckilly I had scheduled myself in extra time for contingencies just in case any problems - such as this - occurred.

Over the weekend I am moving on to spraying the centres of the capes a purply black and putting in the button holes. Thanks to communication with the Wyke Regis teacher I am working with the lesson plan for the next session has changed, and I am preparing a large amount of the activities still left to do - just in case the children are faster then anticipated as it is very hard to tell how long any activity will take.


Interesting sea slug fact - sea slugs, like the slugs you find in the garden, have a 'foot' and so in fact leave a slime trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment