Saturday 5 May 2012

Dye Spraying - Day 1

Now that they are finally the right shade and brightness, today I began spraying the top centre's of the capes black.

I wet the capes before hanging them up to make the dye absorb better (upside-down so that the dye would remain isolated to the area I wanted). This is a surprisingly time consuming job despite the application of a spray bottle, as I have to hang the capes up to spray them and - despite the generous donation of the use of my parents garage - I am still limited on space.

Because of this I will be spraying the rest tomorrow morning, and re-spraying them as well to make sure they come out darker. I quite like the idea of them coming out purply in the centre rather then true black as this would incorporate more of the school colour into the costumes, which the teachers were hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment