Thursday 24 May 2012

Moving Tides Moves On

Another task - making the Dance Leader costumes. These are the large headresses from my final design of the giant slug - and one will act as the head of the giant slug.

For this I already have the plastazote, but I have the added difficulty that when I have made headresses in the past it has been from elastic measured to the wearers head. This time however the dance leaders for the ten schools have not yet been separated into which schools they will be working with so I am going to have to make them without measurements.




For this I am going to start by drawing out the height and shape on pattern paper to get them to a good size that is supportable by the elastic. I am going to use the same heat form method as we used in the mask workshop, at the begining of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment