Friday 18 May 2012

Progressing - slow and steady

Prep work began well on wednesday but has taken a serious hit thanks to the massive cold that has developed since yesterday morning. However I am persevering and well on my way to finishing the hand sewing.

Yesterday morning - before the cold had fully developed - I helped with the set for the Costume and Performance Design's first year showing as they needed help and I like to gain experience where I can. This years first years have been given the theme 'Vampyre' and the costumes from the costume designs they were given are nearly brought to fruition, with the shooting starting next week.




(top tiles, glazed and dulled, bottom tiles not yet glazed and dulled)


The tasks I was set was, selecting floor 'tiles' made from plywood painted by the first years several months ago, and taping them to the floor of the set. Then we painted them, first with glaze to protect them and make them shine, then with a light sheen of black over the wet glaze to dull the brightness of the colours of the tiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment