Sunday 13 May 2012

Session Prep Completed

Session preparation is now complete for the third session. I got far more spots out of the high viz fabric then anticipated so there will be far more of the pattern on the giant slug, and spares for if anything goes wrong.
I had anticipated 20-25 large spots and I got 80, and instead of 60 small spots I got 128.

During the last session, the seven children in the giant slug each designed a pattern for half of the giant slug and gave them to me to choose between and select 2 designs - one to cover each half of the 7.5m long giant slug. I have selected 2 that I feel had a lot of thought put into them, and that work well together.

Tomorrow in session we will be finishing off the slug capes and the cable ties, and also I have been having concerns about the pointed ends of the cable ties and that they could be a potential hazard, being as they are sticking out at eye height. Because of this I am going to get the children to cut out 2 circles of paper for each of the 9 cable ties they have for their cape - which have for half already been attached into their plastazote base in the last session - and glue them together around the end, then put glitter on the circles.

I feel that as well as negating the hazard of the cable tie ends this will also add another point of interest to the costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment