Tuesday 24 April 2012

Mask prototype finished and lesson prep!


Having returned to my origional lesson plans, I have 5 days, and only 3 with access to a heat gun so I need to start on the multiples of the masks first thing tomorrow. I have my prototype mask finished and am all set.

Finished mask prototype

*note, one side looks smaller as this is an initial prototype and I accidentally placed the head when i vac formed the face too close to one side, and therefore ran out of room on one side - an error that I have since corrected.

Today's task - prepping the plastazote for the mask making, and dying the cable ties. I ended up dying all 300 cable ties in one saucepan of dye, and from adding a teaspoon of Crimson red to the mix after dying the first 100 and altering the dipping times I managed to get a range of tones that work really well together and will add texture to the costumes.
Of the cable ties, 12 will go on each individual cape, with 24 left for the giant slug.

No comments:

Post a Comment