Tuesday 10 April 2012

Number crunching & experimentation

The last few days have been spent on a mix of sourcing for my budgetting, colour experimentation, silk ordering and testing, measuring and experimenting with my masks to find out the size and shape so I'll know how much plasterzote to order.
The masks are coming along, I have found the paint that works the best colour-wise when paired with the capes (permanent rose) and have decided on the Kemtex for vibrancy! I looked at using the flourescent pink on the masks but when paired with the capes it looked miss matched, and not in a good and interesting way. Now I have Permanent Rose and Flourescent Yellow for the bulk of the kids masks, and for the purple spots I found some flourescent blue paint at home and when mixed with the flourescent pink I already had it makes a brilliant purple that dries light and vibrant.
I had hoped to use Rigilene on all of the capes around the edges but this would put me over £25 over budget and thats before I've even added on the dyes and plasterzote, so I have decided to just use rigilene for the giant slug. 
Thanks to a high viz jacket donated to me I have been able to establish that one large jacket will do 3 slug capes! Which means I will now only need 9, what with the giant slug needing high viz spots as well but hopefully I should be able to find more people willing to donate any old high viz clothing.

I have decided to use papier mache head caps for the giant slug team - it will also give those 7 something to do on the mask and headress day while the others are making their masks since they'll only be having small black domino masks.

With the price of silk habotai, I am going to come out largely over budget unless I manage to get a deal from the suppliers (there is always hope!)

Tomorrow I add on the price of the plasterzote, and hope to find more solutions to my budgetting issues.


No comments:

Post a Comment