Friday 20 April 2012

Masks

While my initial plan had been to make templates of the masks to take into the schools and have the kids cut out there own masks. However, after experimenting with templating and the limited options this woud leave in terms of shaping the masks in the schools and the looks that would create, I was left with a mask that was generally flat and did not match the design.





After my most recent tutorials I have had a rethink and after some experimentation I have discovered that I can vac form and mould the plasterzote into shape in a way that is much more in keeping with the designs and the look needed. The kids will still be able to decorate them, and make the frills for the horns and attach the elastic on, but I feel they will apreciate the formed effect more.





Note - the reason one horn is more blunted then the other is that when I put the face in the vac former I put it too far to one side, a problem easily fixable now that I am aware of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment